It’s January, which means it’s time for some New Year’s resolutions. We’re all for a healthier start to 2015, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice! Try these lighter alternatives to your usual cocktails so you can sip guilt-free, or order our low-cal Gimlet cocktail kit from Absolut to outfit your home bar with style.
· 1 bottle Ginger, Honey Be Mixed
· 2 pear wedges
· 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
· Slice of ginger for garnish
· 2 ounces bourbon
Fill a 10 oz. highball glass (or Mason jar) with ice. Pour in Ginger Honey Be Mixed and bourbon in a glass. Add freshly grated ginger and stir vigorously. Add pear slices, stir gently. Garnish with slice of fresh ginger (optional).
· 2 oz Partida Blanco Tequila
· 1 oz Fresh lime juice
· 1 oz Agave syrup (one part agave nectar, one part water)
Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake, and strain into a chilled Margarita or cocktail glass, or an Old Fashioned glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Campari Pomegranate Cocktail
· 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
· 1 1/2 cups grapefruit or orange juice
· 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
· 3/4 cups Campari
· 6 twists orange zest, or 6 thin slices of seedless orange
Combine grapefruit (or orange) juice, pomegranate juice, and ice cubes in a blender. Blend until the ice is very finely chopped and the mixture is foamy and pale pink. Transfer to a pitcher and stir in Campari. Serve over ice, garnished with a twist or slice of orange.