EFFECTIVE AS OF APRIL 2016
Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Platform and/or interacting with you, Minibar Delivery will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
We do not collect any personal information from you, unless you provide such information voluntarily, such as by sending us an e-mail, filling out a form, completing a survey, entering a contest, or by registering for an Account. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Platform (for example, to use the services we offer), we may require that you provide us with certain personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Additionally, when you order from the Platform we may collect certain consumer information such as products ordered and relevant promotion codes, and delivery information such as an alternate contact, address, and telephone number in the event you are not available to accept delivery.
All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
Certain features and functionalities of the Platform are based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case Minibar Delivery will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
In order to submit orders through the Platform, you will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, billing address, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information”).
In addition to the Personal Information, Geolocational Information, and Billing Information, we may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of our Platform, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Platform (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
From Your Activity
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Details regarding your activity on the Platform, such as search queries and other performance and usage data.
About Your Device
- Type of device;
- Advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Geo-location; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
- authenticate users;
- personalize your experience;
- analyze which portions of the Platform are visited most frequently; and
- measure and optimize advertising and promotional effectiveness.
If you do not want Minibar Delivery to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Platform and play the titles, although your
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Platform.
For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics
Additional information that you voluntarily provide to us (either directly or via our social media pages), such as ratings of titles and other information that does not identify you personally.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Neither we nor any third party acting on our behalf employs behavioral advertising or retargeting in connection with users whom we know to be under 21 years old.
How to Opt Out of Third-Party Interest-Based Advertising
Additionally, users of mobile devices can follow the below instructions:
For Android devices with OS 2.2 and up and Google Play Services version 4.0 and up:
Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising.”
iOS 7 or Higher
Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting.
Go to your Settings >Select General > Select About > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ads Tracking” setting.
How the Information is Used and Shared
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, Geolocational Information, Billing Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Platform and services; to fulfill your requests and purchases; to administer your account; to administer our contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and other promotional programs; to solicit your feedback; to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners and participating organizations; and for ad optimization. We use the Billing Information to process your orders.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We will use the Information to determine your general geographic location to determine if you are eligible to use the Platform.
- We may share Information with our content licensors. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of such sharing. Likewise, we may receive information from such content licensors to offer you special items or services.
- We may, from time to time, share and/or license Information to other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of such sharing.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, billing, and administration of our rewards and promotional programs. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, the Platform, and the products and services of Minibar Delivery and our promotional partners, we may analyze certain Geolocational Information and Other Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Platform and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- In order to provide the Minibar Delivery Services and administer our contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and other promotional programs, we may share your Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Minibar Delivery or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
If you have provided us any Personal Information and/or Billing Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to certain elements of the same by adjusting your preferences in the “My Account” section of our Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Minibar Delivery marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the Platform (e.g., requests for support).
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Platform and its servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
The Platform is not directed to children under the age of 13. Minibar Delivery adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not submit any Personal Information to us.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
In addition, Minibar Delivery does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals. For instructions on how to opt out of third-party interest-based advertising, please see “How to Opt Out of Third-Party Interest-Based Advertising” above.
How to Contact Us